Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What Makes You a Perfect Person with Your Imperfections




Nobody is perfect, as cliche as it might sound. I think one of the most important things in life is to accept that fact and not beat yourself over it. Everybody is born with flaws that make them unique. I certainly have more than one flaw, but the one that is most obvious to me is probably my height. I stand at 5’0 ft tall and I haven’t been growing one bit in two years! But in all of my imperfections, I have the kindness of the heart, wisdom, having my talents and skills and having a strong determination in life that was given by God to me that makes me a perfect person. Doing all the things I can and witness the world's beauty makes me a perfect person. I am not a disabled person and I am very thankful to God for He gave me a beautiful life.

Confidence is beauty, and sometimes I am so caught up with that to other people say- I can't see the beauty within myself. But I discovered through people around me even though, I have not that beauty but I have the beauty of my character as myself. True beauty of a person is inside our hearts that make us a perfect person. Appearances are just mask of what you really represent. Not every pretty person is beautiful on the inside, and not every ugly person is repulsive on the inside. True confidence truly comes from being content with your perfect imperfections.

Listing out what you like and don’t like about yourself is not an excuse to step on your confidence, but more of an acceptance that you are not perfect. Nobody is. It shows that you are not ashamed but instead you are embracing your imperfections. The imperfections make you who you are. They are your own trademark. I can look at myself and point out all the bad things I see, and with people telling me that I’m not good enough; I’d start to believe that lie, but then realize that I should block out all the negativity that people brought upon me because it not only takes up my valuable time worrying about how I’m seen by people, it also holds me back from achieving something greater.When people tell you that you’re not good enough because of your imperfections, don’t get caught up with their words, words are only words unless you give them consent to become the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment